The recent Thorpe Oaks Estate is named after the former owners of Coddington Hall, whose estate trees still give us pleasure. Coddington Hall dates back to at least 1785, but there must have been another estate or Beaconfield Farm there before then.
After the Estate Sale Coddington Hall and its lands were divided, and later incorporated into RAF Winthorpe. Wooden huts survived until at least 1954, to be replaced by RAF housing. The Harvey Avenue estate, known locally as Coddington Camp, passed into Council control when RAF Winthorpe closed. The estate was demolished around 2000.