Morgan's Close Estate
Until 1959, the area on which Morgans Close now stands was a grass field on which Fred Hollingworth grazed his horses. The close was built by Colemans (builders from Balderton) on behalf of Newark District Council. The first families moved into the newly built houses in 1960, surrounded by open fields that later became Parkes Close, Ross Close and Thorpe Close.
In 1960 Coleman’s built Parkes close then in 1962 Humphries (builders of Balderton) built Ross Close and then Thorpe Close. The estate roads were named after prominent villagers.