The Lane runs from Brownlow's Hill, opposite Brownlow's House to Balderton, (passing the side view of Coddington House, the Moat, The Windmill, several farms and running down the hill towards Balderton).
Balderton Lane contains two of the village's listed buildings: the The Old Forge and the Windmill. Both the important archaeological sites in the village are also in this area - The Moat lying behind Moat Edge and the traces of the Civil War earthworks which formed part of the ring of village defences from the siege of Newark in 1645 -1646. The road is presumably ancient, and certainly pre-dates the 17th century. The current housing is mixed and mainly 20th century.